The value of your property is determined by the current market.
Experience has shown that a well priced home will sell quicker and for a better price than one that is overpriced.
The initial excitement among prepared buyers will be created and result in offers when your home is priced nearest to what the market will bare.
When setting a price, why not ask for the moon? Make no mistake, we want you to get the best possible price for your property. However, when a home is priced too high for the market:
1. It attracts lookers, not legitimate buyers.
2. It implies that you are not motivated to sell.
3. It reduces the number of showings.
4. It helps the competition look better.
5. You may ultimately have to drop your price below market value in order to sell.
The best offers often come when a property is newly listed - if priced too high, it is difficult to create the momentum necessary to sell your home at the highest price in the least amount of time.